Saturday, October 10, 2009

It turned into a tempo run

I choose to lay low on the LSD front and did a short 21.3K run today. Because I wasn't going long I picked up the pace and had one of my quickest road runs of the year averaging a 5:12 pace. I was really happy with the result , the route is anything but flat an it was mostly running on loose gravel and uneven surfaces. I was a touch on the cold side , it was cloudy with occasional sunny breaks but there was a stiff breeze and it was around 10C . Wore a compression shirt , short sleeve tech T and shorts. Would have been better with a long sleeve shirt with gloves... would have been about right! After the run I jumped in the hot tub, definitely the perfect way to end an aggressive run when the different body parts are at varying temps.

No comments: