Saturday, March 30, 2013

LSD Saturday

  It wasn't pretty but I got it done.   Logged a 24.8K in 3hrs7min today.   Did a run I haven't done in some time heading  South on the 2nd ,  through the Saugeen Valley Conservation Area then a loop around Durham and back.  Getting to town was OK ,  around town was OK but heading back home I walked the Conservation Area doing a Gel and an S Cap then ran the flats and downhills and walked then walked 4 hills over an 8K stretch running the rest around a 6:30 pace.   I alway
s find it beneficial to add some walks to a LSD just for the challenge of running after walking.  The troubles I have been having lately didn't really bother me with the exception of some right foot pain.   One thing I did have nailed today was how I was dressed.   Wore s for shorts for the first time this spring and a long sleeve Mizuno Breathe Thermal long sleeve tech T.   I had a plan B and plan C and even a plan D if I got cold but I was almost perfect over the entire 3 hours.   Dropped 400 mg of IBU with a meal of Kraft Dinner when I got home.   Other then being dead tired I had lower back pain then subsided after I laid around for an hour.   I knew it was going to be a little tough today but I expect next weekends long one will be a bit better.   I really need to get out on the trail but there is still a ton of Snow in the Forest so it will probably be another week or two before that happens.  

No comments: