Sunday, June 8, 2014

A new chapter...

I don't usually put too much personal info into my Blog after all its all about "Running".  Lately when I have been perusing my favorite past time my thoughts turn to my Father.  A couple of months ago we learned that he had terminal cancer and this morning he passed away with my Mother , Sister and Niece by his side.   I am fortunate to have spent some quality time with him in the past weeks and  will forever be grateful for that opportunity.   I came across a few photos that are priceless so I really wanted to share them ....

This is the youngest picture I have seen.  He looks to be around 2 years old to it would have been taken around 1943.







Sea Cadets ,  guessing mid to late 50's 16-18 years old ....







High School Play ,  I believe Clarke Road SS London Circa 1957.


















Dad and Mom with his Dad and Wife ,   around 1991

















Dad loved his Boat.  Grabbed theses from a video I shot last August on Lake George.













1 comment:

Robin said...

Ron so very sorry to read that your father passed. I'm glad you got to spend some time with him and that he was surrounded by family when he passed. My thoughts are with you and your family. This is a nice tribute post to him. Love the early photo