Sunday, August 23, 2015

Friday Trail +

Took a rest day Thursday then logged a 5.4K trail run looping in my backyard.    Been busy in the Thursday , Friday and Saturday.   There are a few sharp corners on the backyard trail so I created some banking that make for much smoother cornering.   Gathered up a bunch of awesome campfire wood and hauled it through the bush loading a trailer full.  Best and most fun was building a ``Tree Stand`` at the back of my property.   I have been scouting around for some time and had a couple of spots in mind.  My objective to to get above the forest canopy and have a clear view of the Northern Sky down to 1 degree above the horizon.  The stand has nothing to do with hunting its all about a great view above and below.   So I ended up with a platform 20` above the ground.

Looking up ,  way up.






















Looking down ,  way down.

















My shadow on the tree tops ...























and the reward ,  the North Sky ...


















and the reward,  the North View Canopy ...


No comments: