Sunday, November 22, 2015

First Snow Shoe Run

 Not a lick of snow on the trails yesterday.  Fast forward 26 hours and I am snow shoeing on my backyard trails.  This was the first time for my "Dion Running Snow Shoes" and I wasn't really sure what to expect....bottom line it was AWESOME!      I wore my Adidas Super Nova Gortex Shoes with Gators ,  Tights ,  Long Sleeve Tech T over that a Short Sleeve Tech T and to top it off a Shell.   Well I was dam near perfectly dressed.  The Gortex and Gators kept my feet toasty and dry!   Decided on looping the backyard trail.   Breaking tracks was a bit tough but quite doable.   After a few loops I started to speed up and kind of forgot I had the Snow Shoes on.   The only problem I had was that the Snow was balling up in the Cleats.  The ground wasn't anywhere near frozen and the it was quite slushy at the base of the snow.   I suspect when its colder this won't be a problem.   I was allot slower then my usual pace and was watching the HR lets just say its a really really good workout!

The #s...



















The good stuff...







No comments: