Monday, October 31, 2016

Horror Hill - 50K Trail Ultra - October 29, 2016

 Did Horror Hill 50K on Saturday.   It was a whole lot easier then the Bad Thing the week before but it wasn't a walk in the park either.   Had a great day with lots of my running peeps.  This was the last OutRace event of the 2016 season so there awards were handed out afterwards,  It was great to see Grant getting his Slam swag as well as his AG award.

 I wasn't sure what to expect this race being that I was only 7 days out from my last  event.  I had a really solid effort fueled almost entirely with Gatorade and Potato Chips.   The 2.5K loop is very familiar to me and I quickly settled in doing more or less repeat segments of the occasional hill walk but it was mostly running.    I completed the 50K in 5hrs44min2sec the fastest 50 on the trail this year.   The quick time was a result of perfect weather a nice breeze and temps pushing into the mid teens ... always welcome in late October!


No comments: