Monday, August 14, 2017

Endur Stage 2 - 15K Time Trial - August 14, 2017

Second day in a row running " fast " ...good grief ,  not longer my thing LOL.   Actually I didn't mind the format made it kind of fun!  

 So it was an out and back on a flat road.   Those with the slowest times Sunday went out first and everyone was spaced 1 minute apart ,  I went out at 08:21 am!   Again I really didn't know what to expect so I just went with it again starting slowly logging one of my slowest Ks of the run a 5:23 pace.    Managed to pick it up a logged a couple of 5:00 though Ks.  HR was high and I just went with it.  The HR was never more then 5-10 BPM away from my 165 BPM Max yet it felt OK.   A couple of times it was creeping up into the 160's and it felt like things were going south so I backed down a bit!  High 150's it was for pretty much the entire run.    Heading back I caught a handful of runners in front and was passed by a couple but I was pretty happy tripping the mat at 1hr18min41sec.   

 Finished 36th out of 59 runners logging an average 5:15 pace.  

 The race was staged from the RDs house in Conostogo.  He had a rather large yard with and equally large pool and there was this over the top meal waiting for us .... I am really liking this Endur format.

Relive the run by clicking here...try it its super cool!  





  

No comments: